Enclave Land Art OSAL
Its aim is to build international projects linked to contemporary art and any other creative expressions. With an educational purpose our philosophy is to spread contemporary culture.
Enclave wants to encourage any kind of people to create sensitive synergies between contemporary art and the world that surrounds them.
Enclave collaborates with local inhabitants to provide real and material benefits to the territory where it takes part. The goal is to increase the area’s resources and contribute to spread the idea, in a sustainable and respectful way, of thinking about nature and landscape as heritage. Currently, Enclave Land Art has the support of local entities that believe in the project.
- SPREAD, ethical values: respect to the environment, nature, landscape as a cultural and natural heritage; promote the place and its surroundings.
- TRANSMITTING the idea of taking care of nature and culture’s philosophy, practicing this care as a good to support what we are destroying: nature. We will work in the area and its villages to promote and stimulate this philosophy.
- PROMOTE tourism in a sustainable, responsible, and ethical way.
- CONTEMPORARY ART as a reference, and linked to other cultural realities of Valencia’s Community.
- REVITALISE the economy of the territory: contributing to create temporary and long-duration jobs in the area. Creating an impact with the local economy, promoting the place, and spreading the name of the environment where it is within international circuits, linked with culture.
- CONTRIBUTE to reduce the depopulation of the area with the creation of cultural, economic, and social resources, to increase its value.
- INCREASE SOCIAL COHESION with local and regional civic participation in the project.
- TRANSMIT AND EDUCATE in the respect and artistic interpretation of nature, applying learning and service technics.
- PROMOTE CONTACTS with universities and schools of art and audio-visual.
- CREATE a nest of debate and professional internships in Valencia’s Region.
- GENERATE contents and cultural actions in Valencia’s territory to introduce and support the cultural network. Understand culture as a supporting process of the territory, with an itinerant exhibition, documentary, conferences, presentations, and guided tours in the entire region.
- PROMOTE THE PROJECT, therefore, the territory in cultural forums all around Spain and internationally.
- CONTRIBUTE to reinforce the culture in Valencia’s Region.
Miguel is an International Independent Curator, Director of Enclave Land Art Residency, Art Critic and works at the Spanish Pavilion for Venice Biennale. Having graduated in History of Art, he finished his studies at Lancaster University (UK). He extended his formation in Venice at Fondazione Querini Stampalia and Venice Biennale among other professional experiences in Italy and UK. He curated projects in several cities as London, Milan, Rome or Venice in which he has collaborated with private and public institutions. As an Art Critic he is member of Valencia Art Critics Association and he has written articles, essays and texts in different languages for catalogues in newspapers, blogs and contemporary art specialized websites.
Raul studied dramatic arts and develops a carrier as an actor in cinema, theatre, and TV series in Spain among other different professional experiences in an advertisement. After following studies in audio-visual communication he started a trajectory as producer and director of documentaries and short films. Raul is responsible for all the visual documentation of the Enclave Project. Raul managed the audio-visual material of Enclave Land Art since 2016 and, in 2019 he joined the organization. He is the director of Kommúnik, a creative agency of audio-visual projects in Valencia.
CARMEN MALLOL SANCHIS
She has a degree in Business Science and a Bachelor’s degree in Labour Science from the University of Valencia, and a Bachelor’s degree in Business Management and Administration from the Polytechnic University of Valencia. She has an MS in Prevention of Occupational Risks, specialized in Occupational Health and Safety, and an MA in Prevention of Occupational Risks from the University of Valencia. Carmen worked in Lluis Vives Business School (Valencia), in which she taught modules on Emotional Intelligence, Communication, Assertiveness, and Team Work. She has taught online courses on Economic Analysis, Social Responsibility, and International Marketing, at the IVAFE (Valencian Institute of Business Training). She has worked as Financial Director of the company Conservas Benimar, Olleria, (Valencia, Spain).
Currently, she teaches economy at a Secondary School in Valencia. Carmen is also an Affiliated Lecturer at the Polytechnic University of Valencia.
Co-Founder of PENSART and Exprimento LIMON; and Vice-Principal at Brit Es Magazine. Vanesa has been a cultural mediator, teacher, and supervisor of programs about educational and artistic self-management in countries such as Senegal, Angola, Venezuela, and Guatemala through various AECID scholarships. She is a lecturer at UNIR within the University MA in Social Intervention in the societies of knowledge.
Specialist in culture management with more than 15 years of experience. Development of projects in art for social change, peacebuilding and development, art and wellbeing field with and for audiences with special needs (blind, people with psychiatric or mental diseases.) Worked in several contemporary art projects around Spain, UK, India, combining development of programs along with research, education and communication for social change. Internship: UNESCO Chair in Gender Equality and Women’s Empowerment, Amrita University (India).
Lecturer/visitor in several MA and educational programs internationally.